Sunday, December 7, 2008

Great Rewards

One of my daughters was worrying that she wasn't doing much for the Lord in the way of service for Him. We were driving down the freeway after taking someone home from some kind of function. I said, " what do you mean? You just took so and so home and now you are driving me home. Just because something is not public or 'great' doesn't mean it won't be acknowledge by the Lord as a service for Him." I've been contemplating lately just exactly does the Lord find of great value in His sight of what we do for Him. I just heard recently that some young person just left the gathered saints because he felt he could do "greater" things for the Lord elsewhere! What he really meant is that the sphere here was too small. Getting back to my daughter. I told her that the Lord places a very high value on faithfulness. By just carrying on in the path of faithfulness being gathered to the Lord's name and being content to support His testimony is of great value to Him. But there is even something of more value than that! And that is communion. Do we spend time in His presence? Do we spend time with Him just talking to Him as we go about our day? He wants to hear my voice. He wants to hear your voice.

John 15 talks about fruit bearing. It says in verse five that if ye abide in Him and He abides in you, you bring forth much fruit.

2 comments:

The Chatty Housewife said...

Thank you for the reminder, I loved this post. It is just so... comforting. It is easy to feel down about things but if we just look around us and see some of the so called "little things" that are going on behind the scenes and happening each and every day we can see the Lord's continual mercies and also have more of a sense of what we are doing for Him and what we COULD be doing for Him. It's the little things that change people's day that he counts as a "cup of cold water." Like sitting down beside someone lonely or elderly just to keep them company or chat. Or getting a cup of tea for them. It's when I just rush around with thoughts of self and my so called busy day that I forget about how simple it is.

Gramma said...

Prayer is powerful and we are encouraged to "pray without ceasing" I Thes. 5:17 Right now Evelyn and Jeannette are under-going chemo J had a double mastectomy two weeks ago, E is being treated for her mesenteric lymphoma. Both are in amazingly happy and in good spirits and I'm sure it is because so many are holding them up in Prayer. Besides, the Lord wants to hear from us, not just to listen to our troubles and joys. I remember years ago that our friend, Irene declared: "Bloom where you are planted." We can telephone shut-ins or send off a happy e-mail, or even proof read your grandson's thesis. I think every act of kindness helps. Walk the walk."In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths." Prov. 3:6. Just that will please the Lord.