Thursday, February 12, 2009

"Draw Me"

"Draw me and we will run after thee." Song of Solomon 1:4
Am I the cause of my children leaving the path and straying? Do they see me walking by faith quietly accepting whatever the Lord has set in my path? Or do they see a bitter complaining woman who questions God's every move in her life? If my children see in me joy and submission in my walk before the Lord, it will be attractive to them and they will want what I have. If my peace shows who can say they won't want that ? If my children know that Christ is my Object and that He is the One I aim to please, they will "run after" Him as well. Who, but a mother, has that kind of influence on the life of her children?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Draw me (singular) and we (plural) will run after thee. That's so sweet Kathy, we do affect those around us, not just our children.

Kedge said...

I should be daily aware of my 'epistle' being read, whether at work or even shopping. I was @ Walmart yesterday, buying toys for my class prizes for the SS treat on 4/26. A man commented on the "Easter" presents and so I explained that I wanted to give incentive to the children before-hand... he stunned me with his answer. I wanted to say, if you don't repent, that's where you'll end up, and you'll remember today!

why can't I access 'the best thing about today'?